For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Netbridge Limited (“we” or “us”) is the the company (“the company”) which is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data.
Personal data we may collect about you
Whenever you complete an online form, we will obtain your personal data when you register to use this website, send us feedback, post material to us, contact us for any reason, sign up to request a purchase. We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it for the purpose of informing you of any other products and services that we may offer.
We may monitor your usage of this website. This may include monitoring how many times you visit, which pages you go to, and the originating domain name of a user’s Internet service provider. Some of this data will not be identify you individually.
How we may use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time you submitted any information. These purposes include but not limited to:
- Help us identify you
- Statistical analysis
- Customer profiling and analysing your preferences
- Marketing (but see “Marketing and opting out” below)
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Order fulfilment
- Credit scoring and credit checking (see “Credit checking” below)
- Customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
- Notify you of any changes to this website or our services which may affect you
- Security vetting
- Improving our supply of products
Marketing and opting out
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may contact you by, for example, mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email about our products, promotions, special offers, charitable causes which may be of interest to you.
If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Other companies or offices within our group
- Our agents and service providers, for example, providers of web hosting or maintenance services
- Credit reference agents
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- Any court or other tribunal having jurisdiction in this country on production of appropriate orders and to any person such court or tribunal should direct
- Our business partners in accordance with the “Marketing and opting out” section above
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
- We store your personal data on secure servers
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of, for example, quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
To enable us (and other companies or offices in our group) to make credit decisions about you and for fraud prevention and money laundering purposes, we may search the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies (who will record the search). We may disclose information about how you conduct your account to such agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. Other credit grantors may use this information to make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, as well as for fraud prevention, debtor tracing and money laundering purposes.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- Give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data
- Receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- Give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad
- Give consent to the processing of his or her sensitive personal data
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally.
We may also obtain information about your online movements and use of the Internet. We do this by placing a ‘cookie’, which is a small file, on your computer’s hard disk. Cookies are used for several reasons:
- To recognise you whenever you visit this website
- To speed up access to this website (so you do not have to log on each time)
- To store your personal preferences
- To build a profile about you
- To better target our marketing and advertising campaigns
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: aboutcookies.org.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10) to request access to personal data, which we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- Request this information using the contact form on our website
- Include proof of your identity and address
- Specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
- Information will be sent on receipt of payment
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- Request this information using the contact form on our website
- Provide us with enough information to identify
- Specify the information that is incorrect and its replacement.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- Send an email using the contact form on our website with the subject field ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable
- Provide us with enough information to identify you (for example, account number, username, registration details
- If your objection is not to direct marketing in general but to direct marketing by a particular channel (for example, email or telephone) then please specify the channel you are objecting to.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please use the contact form on our website.